February 29, 2012

IT'S ALL IN THE DETAILS

Custom looking drapes without paying custom prices! Yes, it is possible. Drapes can pull a whole room together and should not be over looked. I bought white linen drapes for our master bedroom and they really need some punch! I am envisioning either a Greek Key tape or simple grosgrain ribbon on the edge to give them some personality.

Look how classic these clean simple drapes look...

Black and white adds glamour to any room.
These drapes are fantastic but all I really want to do is snuggle in to this space with my Kindle!
The orange banding really brought these drapes to life! Who said leaving good enough alone was a good idea, anyway?
Instead of buying Greek Key tape why not use the ribbon to add that bit of detail?
Honey & Fitz blog has a great tutorial on how to add grosgrain ribbon without using a sewing machine. Instant Transformation!

I will give you a sneak peak as soon as I am done...greek key, grosgrain, greek key, grosgrain....or once I've made a decision

*M & J Trimming is a great source to find trim (they just ran a great Living Social deal) and you can't beat Joann's with a 40% off coupon!

~Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love! Your comments make our day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...